Scouting’s next big adventure is on the way – the 2023 National Jamboree!
July 19 – 28
Held every FOUR years at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia, the national jamboree is 360-degrees of hands-on fun with friends. Experience world-class zip lines, large arena shows, kayaking and whitewater rafting, rock climbing and rappelling, mountain bikes, BMX, and ATVs. The Summit has the third largest shooting sports venue in the World and the second largest skate park in the United States!
To learn more about the jamboree click here
You can be part of the adventure if you join the Old North State Council jamboree contingent. and the “all in” cost to participate as a member of the council contingent is $2,000. This includes admission fee, transportation, equipment, and the famous jamboree bling: duffle bag, hat, shirts, and patches.
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants must:
- have a current BSA membership.
- be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree but has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- be approved by the local council.
- participate in pre-Jamboree gathering with local council and unit leader.
- submit a BSA Annual Health & Medical Record
- pay all registrations fees per the local council’s payment schedule.
- abide by the Scout Oath and Law the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
YOUNG ADULT PARTICIPANTS
There is an accommodation for young adult participation up to 21 years of age to attend with a council contingent. They must have a current BSA membership and be at least 18 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree but have not reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
READY TO REGISTER?
Young men and women secure a spot with the council contingent by following this two-step process:
- Submit an application online here. Applicants must have a my.scouting.org account with their current BSA membership number linked to the account in order to access the online application. Parents cannot use their personal my.scouting.org account to register their Scout(s).
- Once the application is submitted to the national site and an approval e-mail has been received, register with the Old North State Council and pay a deposit here.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Reach out to the Old North State Council Jamboree Contingent Leadership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org