Feb 4 & Feb 11
A Scout is Helpful! It's time for our annual community service event. Door hangers are available. Please see the Leader's Guide for all the details.
Scouts on Skis
Special days for Scout groups. 2 weekends remain: Feb 5 & Feb 26!
This inaugural event is designed to supplement basic leader's skills and IOLS training. Hands-on activities in a variety of topics from cooking to knots to navigation. Registration closes Feb 15!
March & April
Basic Adult Outdoor Leader Orientation (BALOO) and Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) can help you deliver the promise of a quality program to our Scouts. Basic Life Support/First Aid and Wilderness First Aid can keep them safe. Sign up today!
Show your Scout spirit as the Phoenix take on William & Mary.
- Silver Beaver Class of 2022 Announced - The Old North State Council Silver Beaver Selection Committee is proud to announce the 2022 Silver Beaver Award Recipients.
- Barriers to Abuse: Scouts BSA Units at Meetings - Reminders for proper conduct at Scouts BSA meetings, activities, camps and more.
- Cub Advancement at a Glance - This current Cub Scout advancement-at-a-glance info. is a one-page document that shows each rank requirement in Cub Scouting. This can help to simplify some information as you onboard den leaders […]
- Citizenship in Society Merit Badge Counselor Requirements - Additional information to know for registering to be a counselor for this merit badge: Register as a Merit Badge Counselor for the Citizenship in Society Merit Badge by completing an […]
- BSA Membership Fee Change - The national membership fee helps cover the cost of essential services, including program resources, liability insurance for those participating in approved Scouting activities, criminal background checks, youth protection, and the […]
- Minor Mods to Scouts BSA Rank Requirements - 1. In 2021, all outdoor-related rank advancement requirements were reviewed and realigned based on guidance from the National Outdoor Ethics and Conservation Subcommittee. These adjustments will help more effectively build […]
- Update to Scouts BSA Joining Age - The BSA has been looking at the barriers to joining for today’s families and we want to simplify this for any youth who wants to participate in our programs. The […]
- Discontinue Use of NESA Paper Applications - The National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) has recently implemented new pricing for its membership. As a result of this, when presenting Eagle Scout packets to new Eagle Scouts, use of […]
- Rangemaster: Basic - BASIC Shooting for Rifle & Shotgun Targets(NRA Education & Training Courses) Saturday, March 25 – Sunday, March 26, 2023 Hosted by the Shooting Sports Committee @ Cherokee Scout Reservation Basic […]
- Rangemaster: Instructor - INSTRUCTOR Credential: Rifle & Shotgun Target Shooting(NRA Education & Training Courses) Friday, April 28* – Sunday, April 30, 2023 Local Host: Shooting Sports Committee @ Cherokee Scout Reservation This is […]
- Scouts BSA Summer Camp Kick-off - Learn all the important information to prepare your Scouts, troop, and families for Summer Camp 2023!
- Scout Night at the Swarm - Special night for Scouts to have some basketball fun!
- Scout Day at Elon Basketball - Cheer on one of our local college teams with your fellow Scouts.
- 2023 National Jamboree - Jul 19 - 23. Join the ONSC contingent!
- Scouts BSA Branding Do’s and Don’ts - With more than 305,000 girls participating in Cub Scouting and the Scouts BSA program, there’s a lot of excitement around the programs offered by the Boy Scouts of America. Plus, […]
- The ONS Communication Hub - Replacing E-Blast with customized and focused updates - Try It!
- Scouting at Home - At-home fun and learning for Scouting Families and non-Scouting families alike.
- Order of the Arrow - Scouting's National Honor Society
- AED Basic Care - CPR and use of an AED are vital tools in the case of a sudden cardiac arrest. When an AED is not well maintained, it may fail when it is […]
- Safety Moments - Safety Moments are opportunities to prepare for an activity, review safety measures, and report incidents correctly. Topics should be reviewed regularly at Scout meetings. Here is a list
- Youth Protection Training - The safety of children in our programs is the most important priority of the Boy Scouts of America.