Enjoy fall camping at Cherokee Scout Reservation. Shooting sports, pumpkin decorating, s'mores, monster mash and more - Outdoor fun for a whole pack or a family. Choose the weekend that works best for you. All meals are provided.
Dec 28-30 & Jan 13-15
NYLT centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, what a leader must KNOW, and what a leader must DO. The key elements are then taught with a clear focus on HOW TO.
Oct 21, Nov 18 & Dec 28
Basic Life Support (BLS) includes CPR, First Aid, and online interactive instruction that can be done in advance at your convenience.
- BSA’s Ongoing Commitment to Keep Youth Safe - Resources and detailed information can be found here
- Scouts BSA Training Changes - Two training modules related to Merit Badge Counselors have been changed. See more info...
- New Membership Fees - Effective Aug 1, there are significant changes to the BSA annual membership fee structure.
- Fall Uniform Sale - Jul 31 - Oct 28
- BSA Exits Bankruptcy - Note from Scout Executive Clif Morris on the BSA exit from bankruptcy re-organization.
- Important Update to Scouting’s Barriers to Abuse - A key requirement begins Sep 1, 2023. Click to read more.
- Barriers to Abuse: Scouts BSA Units at Meetings - Reminders for proper conduct at Scouts BSA meetings, activities, camps and more.
- Cub Advancement at a Glance - This current Cub Scout advancement-at-a-glance info. is a one-page document that shows each rank requirement in Cub Scouting. This can help to simplify some information as you onboard den leaders […]
- Citizenship in Society Merit Badge Counselor Requirements - Additional information to know for registering to be a counselor for this merit badge: Register as a Merit Badge Counselor for the Citizenship in Society Merit Badge by completing an […]
- Update to Scouts BSA Joining Age - The BSA has been looking at the barriers to joining for today’s families and we want to simplify this for any youth who wants to participate in our programs. The […]
- Scout Weekend at Martinsville Speedway - Oct 27-29; Reduced rate tickets, camping available next to track, commemorative patch.
- Fall Leader Training - Every Unit deserves a trained leader! Click through to see all the fall in-person training opportunities.
- National Youth Leadership Training - Dec 28-30. Does your Troop have at least one older Scout that has been to NYLT? Early Bird fee ends Oct 1.
- The ONS Communication Hub - The Hub is our primary form of communication. Click through to find out more.
- Scouts BSA Branding Do’s and Don’ts - With more than 305,000 girls participating in Cub Scouting and the Scouts BSA program, there’s a lot of excitement around the programs offered by the Boy Scouts of America. Plus, […]
- Order of the Arrow - Scouting's National Honor Society
- Safety Moment Highlight - Have Scouts with asthma? September's highlighted Safety Moment has good information to help you be prepared to help with this condition.
- BSA Incident Reporting Helps - You can be a part of improving the safety of Scouting.
- Safety Moments - Safety Moments are opportunities to prepare for an activity, review safety measures, and report incidents correctly. Topics should be reviewed regularly at Scout meetings. Here is a list
- Youth Protection Training - The safety of children in our programs is the most important priority of the Boy Scouts of America.