Due Dec 2
Silver Beaver nominations are now being accepted
Sep 30, Oct 1 & Oct 22
Basic Life Support & First Aid, Basic Adult Outdoor Leader Orientation (BALOO) and Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS). Which one could help you deliver the promise of a quality program to our Scouts? Sign up today!
Missed the ONS Council Program Rally on Aug 11? Get the guidebook here. It's a great resource to keep throughout the program year. Don't forget to double-check any activity dates on the website calendar to make sure they haven't changed since the printing.
What do you get when you combine a Cub Family Campout with a Halloween celebration?
Outdoor fun for a whole pack or a family. All meals are provided.
- Silver Beaver Award Nominations Open - The Silver Beaver Award was introduced in 1931 as a distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. Upon nomination by their local Scout council and with the approval […]
- Cub Advancement at a Glance - This current Cub Scout advancement-at-a-glance info. is a one-page document that shows each rank requirement in Cub Scouting. This can help to simplify some information as you onboard den leaders […]
- Citizenship in Society Merit Badge Counselor Requirements - Additional information to know for registering to be a counselor for this merit badge: Register as a Merit Badge Counselor for the Citizenship in Society Merit Badge by completing an […]
- BSA Membership Fee Change - The national membership fee helps cover the cost of essential services, including program resources, liability insurance for those participating in approved Scouting activities, criminal background checks, youth protection, and the […]
- Minor Mods to Scouts BSA Rank Requirements - 1. In 2021, all outdoor-related rank advancement requirements were reviewed and realigned based on guidance from the National Outdoor Ethics and Conservation Subcommittee. These adjustments will help more effectively build […]
- STEM Nova Awards Change - The STEM Nova Awards program is designed to bring awareness to STEM and provide recognition to Scouts who go beyond current advancement requirements to pursue a STEM topic. Effective June […]
- Update to Scouts BSA Joining Age - The BSA has been looking at the barriers to joining for today’s families and we want to simplify this for any youth who wants to participate in our programs. The […]
- Discontinue Use of NESA Paper Applications - The National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) has recently implemented new pricing for its membership. As a result of this, when presenting Eagle Scout packets to new Eagle Scouts, use of […]
- Cub Scouts Shooting Sports Program - The Old North State Council Shooting Sports Committee offers off-season shooting sports opportunities for Cub Packs. Available programs include Cub Scout BB & Archery Days shooting under the supervision of […]
- Scouting Target Range - EVENT: Target and Range Programs Shooting Sports @ Fun Days Weekend Range Schedule 1/7/2023 – Shotgun and Rifle4/1/2023 – Muzzleloader and Archery5/13/2023 – Rifle and Archery Search the Council Events Calendar for […]
- National Jamboree Subcamp for Older Youth - Venturers, Sea Scouts and Explorers will have a designated Subcamp at the 2023 National Jamboree. Along with this designated Subcamp, there will be special program opportunities at the Jamboree for […]
- 2023 National Jamboree - Summit Bechtel Reserve July 19-28, 2023 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Find out more info here. There will be a contingent going from the Old North State Council. You may begin the registration […]
- Scouts BSA Branding Do’s and Don’ts - With more than 305,000 girls participating in Cub Scouting and the Scouts BSA program, there’s a lot of excitement around the programs offered by the Boy Scouts of America. Plus, […]
- The ONS Communication Hub - Replacing E-Blast with customized and focused updates - Try It!
- Scouting at Home - At-home fun and learning for Scouting Families and non-Scouting families alike.
- Order of the Arrow - Scouting's National Honor Society
- National Preparedness Month - National Preparedness Month (NPM) is an observance each September to raise awareness about the importance of preparing for disasters and emergencies that could happen at any time. Help us support […]
- Safety Moments - Safety Moments are opportunities to prepare for an activity, review safety measures, and report incidents correctly. Topics should be reviewed regularly at Scout meetings. Here is a list
- Youth Protection Training - The safety of children in our programs is the most important priority of the Boy Scouts of America.